Sunday, May 20, 2007

Scribbling



When I buy an unpackaged pen, I usually scribble on a notepad to see if it works.

I'm sort of scribbling here to see if this blog is functioning.

The photo posted above is being used for a series I'm working on. It is a custom-made stock photo, a self-portrait of a model based in Maine. I'd commissioned her to take photos of herself in this particular pose, using a digital camera that has a self-timer. This photograph and a few others are being used as props, photographs taped or pinned onto a wall in the background of works from a series in-progress.

I commissioned a model in Arkansas to produce stock photographs of herself for this series, as well.




Above:
Rani (In the Studio), 2007, c-print, 11 x 14 inches (27.9 x 35.6 cm.), edition of 9

Before commissioning these particular self-portraits, I used photographed that I'd taken, depicting a model posing in Central Park. Here is a depiction of one of these photographs being taped onto a wall in the In the Studio series.